Southwell Business Networking Club is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with any other documents referred to within, sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We collect and process the following data from visitors to our website: www.southwellbusinessclub.org.uk
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services or requesting further services or information. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information collected by technology such as Google Analytics and other technology such as cookies (please see “Cookies (and similar technologies)” below for more information).
How long do we hold your data?
Southwell Business Networking Club retains your information while you/your company remains an active subscriber, unless you ask us to delete your information. If you stop being an active subscriber we will retain your information unless you request that your details be deleted; however we will only contact you if we believe the information we intend to send to you could be of ‘legitimate interest’ to you or your company.
If you have signed up to receive our newsletter/requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request it to be deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, Southwell Business Networking Club deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Southwell Business Networking Club may retain information after account deletion if there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding invoice on your account.
Cookies (and similar technologies)
As required by the UK interpretation of EU law on cookies, Southwell Business Networking Club have reviewed the cookies used by our service and give advice so that you can manage the use of them.
However, should you wish to delete or disable the cookies, you can do so by referring to the ‘Help’ option on the menu bar of your browser. This will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies; notify you when you receive them; and disable them altogether.
NONE OF THIS INFORMATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL.
Where do we store Individual’s personal data?
Security and control of your data
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use security features to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
How do we use your information?
Information held about you is used in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- We do not disclose personal information about individuals to advertisers or sell your information to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of members, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.